The most popular and full-featured grapplesaw for use with a knuckleboom crane is the Mecanil grapple saw. These grapplesaws are lightweight while still offering excellent lifting and cutting capacity. The units are easy to hook up to knuckleboom cranes, wallboard cranes, log loaders, excavators, and more. The most popular models are the SG160 RC, SG220 RC, and the SG280 RC. The Mecanil grapplesaw requires two hydraulic functions. Installation is effortless as there is no need to run an electrical cable or case drain line.
Why Choose Mecanil Grapple Saws?
- Full independent control of the tilt up/tilt down, grapple open/close, saw cut and grapple rotation. When you are cutting a tree 100 feet away, you need as much control as possible!
- Ability to hold the branch vertical after cutting. When you are cutting over an obstacle such as a house, the ability to hold the cut vertical is crucial
- Easy controls – No need to hold levers at certain angles or wait for pressure to build up to use the saw.
- Requires only two hydraulic functions (one for the rotator and one for the grapplesaw
- No need to run a long heavy case drain line down the crane boom.
- Use it as a conventional grapple without worrying about the saw bar activating.
- Uses strong, long-lasting harvester bar and chain. No need to buy expensive proprietary bars.
- Does not require constant tedious pressure adjustments.
- Large parts and support network
- There is a reason the Mecanil grapple saw is the most popular grapplesaw for use with a knuckleboom crane… it just works!
16″ Cutting Bar
18″ Cutting Bar
25″ Cutting Bar
Buy a Mecanil Grapple Saw
Minimizing downtime is essential for a successful business. We carry one of the largest Mecanil spare part inventories of any Mecanil dealer in the world. Need a part quick? please use the contact form below to let us know and we will get you the part as quick as possible.